The first part of the newly renovated museum shows a timeline of the role played by the Dominicans in the propagation of the Manaoag devotion.

Since 1605, the image of the Virgin Mary in Manaoag has been under the care of Dominican friars, until it found its home in the church built in 1720. In September 1925, the Papal decree allowing the Lady’s coronation was brought to Manaoag. In April 21 of the next year, the image was canonically crowned as Our Lady of Manaoag.

Displayed is an old wooden statue of St. Dominic that leads to a panel narrating the spread of Dominican influence in Asia. Old liturgical materials bearing the Dominican seal can also be found in the first part of the museum.

It is followed by a panel titled “The Church on a Hill,” showing a miniature of the previous and present locations of the museum. The exhibit is followed by the three-foot grand statue of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag.

The renovated museum also shows various forms of devotions expressed to Our Lady of Manaoag. Devotees’ letters, worship items like novenas and rosaries, as well as panels containing the history of the people’s devotion to her were also there.